So I’m looking on Amazon to check out what the Black Friday deals are all about there. One of our TV’s is getting a bit aged and we were thinking of replacing it. Well, besides TV’s I found a couple of great magazine deals. I’m considering getting them and thought I’d share them with you:
SmartMoney Magazine $5 (1-year auto-renewal) – That’s right, only $5 for a year’s subscription to SmartMoney ($59.98 if you bought each issue individually). Here’s a snippet of the Amazon Review:
What You Can Expect in Each Issue: Within the pages of SmartMoney, you will find the most diverse editorial mix, focusing on all the topics that readers need to know about: Personal Finance, Lifestyle, Business, Technology, and Travel, among other things.
- Personal Finance: Each month, SmartMoney gives its readers an inside look on what is happening in the market, advice on what stocks are hot and which are not, and countless amounts of other personal investing information.
- CEO Interviews: SmartMoney delivers informative and relevant CEO Interviews each month – targeting companies and CEOs that have really made it big. Reports sit down with CEOs and get their story, how they got to where they are today and what their next move with the company may be.
- Lifestyle: From retirement to saving for college, SmartMoney delivers information on a broad range of lifestyle topics that affect the readers’ day-to-day lives.
- Technology: SmartMoney reporters test the ins and outs of the newest technologies and let readers know what is really worth the money, helping readers to spend wisely.
- Feature Articles: Every issue brings you the information you need to know to deal with markets and protecting your wealth. Monthly feature articles include columns on: Common Sense, The New Retirement, Stocks, Unconventional Wisdom, the Tough Customer, Special Investments and Smart Spending tips.
Also on sale…
Inc. Magazine $4.97 (1-year auto-renewal) – If you bought this magazine on the newsstand it would cost you $49.90! This is another awesome deal. Here’s a bit from the Amazon review:
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- Priority: Provides real-world examples and stories and looks at the people behind the decisions, giving readers a mix of practical advice, insight, and inspiration.
- Finance: Money is the lifeblood of any company. And Inc.’s Finance section helps entrepreneurs find it, allocate it and manage every aspect of it.
- Sales + Marketing: Inc.’s much-asked-for section gives an insider’s look at the tactics, strategy and trends to boost company owners’ revenue and buzz factor.
- Managing: Through case studies and answers to smart questions, Inc. gives readers practical information and insider secrets to help manage and lead their companies to success.
- Technology: Reviews of the best tech tools and best practices to give entrepreneurs the edge.
- Case Study: Inc. takes readers inside a major decision point by looking at a business at a crossroads, with a panel of experts dissecting the company’s decision.
- Ask Inc.: Readers ask questions. Inc. answers them. In “Ask Inc.,” readers facing thorny business problems get their questions answered by experts and leading entrepreneurs.
- Street Smarts: Three-time Inc. 500 winner and ASME-nominated columnist Norm Brodsky offers inside advice to entrepreneurs, from someone who truly knows the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial life.
- Guest Speaker: Some names are familiar to many, others to a few. All of the guest speakers have unique and valuable insights to offer owners of growing businesses.
- How I Did It: How I Did It gives entrepreneurs the chance to tell their inspiring—and—often—surprising—stories of business success.
- Features: Inc‘s features provide a diverse mix of stories that take an in-depth look at the struggles within entrepreneurial companies and the lessons they reveal. Inc‘s most popular issue, the annual Inc. 500, ranks the fastest growing private companies in America. Inc. also covers successful start-ups, entrepreneurial innovators, valuation guides and much more.
So for under $10 you can get two subscription to help you learn about taking care of your money and your business! Really, I think I’m going to order these once I’m done writing.
The deals are only good through November 30th.
As you think abut those offers, here are some great articles to read:
Amateur Asset Allocator | How Much Liquid Savings Should You Have?
Oblivious Investor | Can I Retire?
Retire By 40 | Do what you love!
Bucksome Boomer | Review and Giveaway: Psych Yourself Rich
The Wisdom Journal | My eBook On Job Interviewing Is Now Available! – Really, check out this eBook!
Money Smarts Blog | Transfer investments to a new financial institution – T2033 transfer.
Financial Highway | Home Office – Making Space to Make Money.
Couple Money | Creating a Savings System that Works.
WiseBread | 10 Tips from a Financially-Savvy Teen.
Smart On Money | Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan Changes And Limits In 2011 And Beyond.
Moolanomy | 5 Home Business Ideas with Low Start Up Costs.
Not Made of Money | Investing for Families-How to Find $1,000 and Invest It.
One Money Design | Cyber Monday Shopping and Internet Safety Tips.
Wealth Artisan | Finance Poet: A Black Friday Haiku Story.
PT Money | Federal Income Tax Brackets: What is My Tax Bracket?
Debt Kid | Short Sale Nightmare.
Cash Money Life | 25 Christmas Gift Ideas Under $50.
The Financial Blogger | Looking For The Perfect Job.
The Military Wallet | Christmas Gift Ideas for Military Members.
Frugal Dad | 10 Ways to Invest $1,000 Dollars, Without Putting a Dime in the Stock Market.
Studenomics | Do You Want a Predictable Income?.
MSN SmartSpending | Cheap dinners past and present.
And here are the carnivals Free From Broke took part in:
Canadian Finance Carnival #11 – Canadian Finance Blog
Carnival of Wealth #13 – Nov 21 2010 Edition — Personal Dividends – Money+Lifestyle
Carnival of Personal Finance #284: Thanksgiving Preparation Edition | Sweating The Big Stuff
November 19, 2010 Edition #166 of the Carnival of Financial Planning.
My Wealth Builder: The Wealth Builder Carnival #16