Are you looking for a free checking account that offers more than just basic checking services?
How about an alternative to using a credit card for your purchases (but don’t want to carry cash)?
PerkStreet(SM)’s online checking account is not only free, but offers up a generous cash back rewards when you use their debit card.
Read on for our PerkSreet review.
PerkStreet offers the debit card that helps you get debt free. By using a debit card for your purchases you can easily manage your money and budget for what you spend rather than risk the possibility of incurring credit card debt.
Their rewards checking helps further being debt free by giving you up to 25% cash back on purchases (depending on the purchase). They offer free online checking accounts and perks like bill pay, free ATM usage, excellent rewards, easy mailed-in deposits, and more.
The premise behind the bank is to offer superior service and you can talk to a live person 24 hours a day with any questions you might have. The company’s focus is to serve people who want to manage their money responsibly and not go into debt with offering generous rewards for debit card use.
PerkStreet Financial(SM) online checking accounts are easy to open only taking about five minutes. Here is what comes with your Perk Street Checking Account:
- Your funds are FDIC insured (FDIC insurance is backed by The Bancorp Bank, member FDIC, who PerkStreet are partnered with).
- Live customer service is available around the clock.
- Use of one of the largest ATM network in the country, for free. 42,000+ ATM’s are available through STARsf, and ATM locations can be found in nationwide retail locations like 7-Eleven, CVS, Walgreens, COSTCO, Target and more. With a quick click on the Perk Street Website or app you can find ATM locations that are closest to you.
- A superior on line banking system where you can check your balance, pay your bills with bill pay, look through your transaction history, set up alerts to be sent right to your mobile phone, transfer money into or out of your account, find ATM locations and more.
- Easy mail in deposit envelopes are available as well. You can send deposits through standard mail, or if you need your money deposited right away, through overnight delivery. Both ways are free. Overnight deposits need to be dropped off at a UPS drop or Mail Boxes etc. location. You can also send cash via MoneyGram Express Payment (free).
- Direct deposit is also available.
Perk Street Financial offers their customers the perk of virtually no account fees.
Here is what you get when you open your checking account:
- There are no fees to start up your account.
- There are no ATM fees as long as you use one of the network 42,000+ ATM machines.
- Your first two (2) books of checks is free and should arrive about one week after you have opened your account.
- There are no mailing fees for check deposits.
- There are no monthly service fees unless your account is inactive.
Perk Street Financial offers one of the best rewards programs available for debit card purchases:
- 1% unlimited cash back for all non-PIN debit card purchases*
- 2% cash back on online purchases at: Amazon.com®, iTunes®, Target.com, Apple.com, Walmart.com and Bestbuy.com.* Online purchase bonus perks limited to $2,500 in spend every calendar year.
- 2% cash back in-store, when you have a Current Account Balance of $5,000 or more at: Walmart, Target®, Best Buy® & Apple® stores.* Offline purchase bonus perks limited to $2,500 in spend every calendar year.
- 2% unlimited cash back when you and a friend use your cards together at the same restaurant, bar or coffee shop.* Transactions must occur within 60 minutes of each other to qualify.
- Up 25% cash back with PowerPerks. You can choose from a rotating list of rewards that earn you higher cash back. You will get weekly offers straight to email for in-store and online deals that have been specially picked based on where customers actually shop. There is no limit the the PowerPerks you can earn.
Your rewards can be redeemed for:
- Cash back into your account*
- Choose gift cards from locations like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Olive Garden, Best Buy, Ticket Master, Amazon.com, Gap, Target, and more.
Sync Your Account to Financial Software
Connect your PerkStreet account to financial software providers like Quicken or Mint, among others, to track your finances. If you don’t see PerkStreet in the software look up their partner bank The Bancorp Bank.
No Credit Check
There is no credit check when you apply to open up a PerkStreet account. No worries about not getting an account because your credit isn’t great or having an inquiry on your report. They do run a ChexSystems report to look at your past banking history though.
PerkStreet’s free online checking account offer up generous cash back rewards on your spending (though not on your balance). Their debit card is easy to use, with a wide range of ATM’s available. They also offer free online bill-pay, virtually no fees, and an online site that allows you to easily manage your account.
Using a debit card from a checking account can be a great way to budget your spending to make sure you don’t overspend like you can with a credit card.
If you are looking for an online checking account, especially one that offers a rewards bonus, then PerkStreet might be the place for you as it seems to be one of the best free online checking accounts.
To get started with PerkStreet’s online checking account visit their website at www.perkstreet.com.
*To redeem a perk as a statement credit requires 2 perks per each $20 redemption, thereby reducing your effective cash back rate. In addition, statement credits are redeemed in $20 increments. All other reward redemption options require no additional perks. For example, a $20 statement credit will require $22 in perks. A $40 statement credit requires $44 in perks, etc.