Are you looking for a cash back card that can give you up to 5% back on your purchases? CitiBank has a limited time offer on their Citi Dividend World MasterCard that can earn you $300 cash back in three months as well as 5% on rotating categories. Let’s review the Citi Dividend World MasterCard and see what else is in store for you when you sign up.
Please note this card offer has ended.
Please see our Credit Card page for other great credit card offers.
Citi® Dividend World MasterCard® – $300 Cash Back
Here’s a summary of what the card offers:
- $300 cash back after $5000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- 5% cash back on airlines, hotels and car rentals 7/1/11 to 9/30/11. Earn bonus cash back on rotating categories each quarter. Enrollment required.
- 5% average cash back at select merchants through Citi Bonus Cash Center®
- Full 1% cash back on eligible purchases and cash advances.
- No Annual Fee*
Let’s break that out:
– $300 Cash Back. After you make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months of opening the account, you are eligible for $300 cash back. This is a 6% return. That’s not a huge reason to get a credit card but it is a nice incentive if you are looking for a new card. This is a limited time cash back offer.
– 5% Cash Back. You can earn 5% cash back rebate on rotating categories that change every quarter. The rebate appears as “Dividend Dollars” on your statement. Make sure you enroll to get your 5%. The current categories are airlines, hotels, and car rentals though 9/30/11. For the quarter 10/01/11 – 12/31/11 the categories are department, clothing, electronic, and toy store purchases. That’s easy to take advantage of with the upcoming holiday season approaching. The amount you can earn per calendar year is capped at 300 Dividend Dollars.
– 5% Average Cash Back at Citi Conus Cash Center. When you make purchases through Citi’s network of over 400 merchants, both in-store and online, you can earn an average of 5% cash back. What’s nice here is your cash back is unlimited on these purchases as they don’t count against your calendar year limit for Dividend Dollars.
– 1% Cash Back on Eligible Purchases and Cash Advances. Outside of the rotating categories, where you can earn 5%, you will earn 1% cash back on all of your eligible purchases, cash advances, and cash convenience check amounts (watch yourself in the cash advances and convenience checks as they have fees that can exceed your cash back.) Your Dividend Dollars won’t expire so long as your account is kept active with at least one purchase per 12 months. You can easily meet this with a small recurring bill like Netflix.
– No Annual Fee. Pretty self-explanatory but it should be noted that more and more cards are carrying an annual fee these days.
On top of the benefits above you also get access to Citi’s online services which include account management, online statements, account activity monitoring, and fast online payments.
The Citi Dividend World MasterCard offers up a cash back rewards card that offers up to 5% back on your purchases. Though this isn’t the strongest cash back card, it does provide some nice benefits and could be a good fit for you if you are looking for a little something back for your purchases. The $300 limited time cash back bonus is a nice little bump for those who know they will be making $5,000 in purchases the first three months (if your purchases are nothing like $5,000 then don’t bother getting this card for the bonus).
*As you always should, make sure you read through the card details to make sure this card fits your needs and you understand the terms and conditions. Be aware that the terms may change after this article’s publication.