As the name of the card clearly implies, the Miles by Discover® Card is a travel rewards card.
But this is not your typical travel rewards card. Users can generate massive miles rewards while at the same time retaining an enormous level of flexibility in determining how to redeem their rewards.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the benefits of the Miles by Discover® Card:
- Earn up to $120 in travel rewards–1,000 Bonus miles every month you make a purchase for the first year
- 1 Mile on every $1 you spend – Plus flexible redemption options like travel credits, merchandise, gift cards or cash
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 10.99% – 20.99%*
- No restrictions on travel–fly on any airline, book any hotel or car, with no blackout dates
- Travel benefits include secondary collision damage insurance when you rent a car with your Miles by Discover card
- Discover is ranked #1 in customer loyalty–16 years in a row! (2012 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index report)
- Great rewards with no annual fee, no rewards redemption fee, and no additional card fee
The card offers consumers a chance to earn 12,000 bonus miles just for signing up.
By using the card once per month for the first 12 months, users earn their bonus miles. That’s a huge reward just for very little effort. The Discover Miles card will generate 1 mile for every $1 spent on the card. But if the card is used for qualifying restaurant or travel expenses, the reward is doubled up to $3000 each year.
When redeeming their miles, travelers are not subject to any blackout dates or any other restrictions.
They are also not tied to any particular travel agency, airline, or any other particular business. The consumer decides where they want to go, when they want to travel, and with whom they want to deal with. This flexibility allows travelers to use their bonus points to maximize their traveling ease and pleasure based on their schedule and their desires.
Along with all the great rewards, the Discover Miles card is also extremely consumer-friendly. The card carries no annual fee. Also, the card offers 0% APR on purchases and 0% on balance transfers for the first six months. The consumer can literally start racking up their reward miles from the start while not having to pay any interest costs for the first six months.
For a travel rewards card, the Miles by Discover Card looks like a nice choice, what with no miles limit, no blackout dates, and a possible 0% purchase and balance transfer APR. Add to that customer service that boasts the ability to speak to a live person in 60 seconds and problem resolution within 3 minutes and you have one of the best travel rewards cards out there.
Click here to sign up for the Miles by Discover® Card or to see more details.
*As you always should, make sure you read through the card details to make sure this card fits your needs and you understand the terms and conditions. Be aware that the terms may change after this article’s publication.