SmartyPig is running a new contest called “Race out of Debt.” The winner will get $4,951. Why $4,951? Well, it seems that’s the average American’s credit card debt as of this Summer. Sound like a lot? It’s actually down 13% from last year! So to celebrate bringing our debt down, SmartyPig is going to make one contestant super happy.
Check out the contest:
Between Sept. 14, 2010 and Sept. 27, 2010, SmartyPig account holders will have a chance to enter the contest. On the 27th, SmartyPig will pick eight finalists. Here’s where it gets interesting… Each finalist will be assigned to a different pig at the SmartyPig Farm. The pigs will then “Race Out of Debt” and the finalist assigned to the winning pig wins the dough. Seriously. A video of the race with the winner will be posted on Sept. 28th.
Here’s how to officially enter, from the SmartyPig blog:
1. New and existing users must add a NEW goal under the NEW category, “Race Out Of Debt”
2. Follow the instructions to set up and activate your new SmartyPig goal.
3. Enter your qualified checking or savings account from your credit union or bank.
4. Make the initial deposit requirement of $25. Remember this is NOT an entrance fee. You will automatically begin earning 1.75% APY, have access to up to 14% cash back at many retailers, and you always have the option to redeem the $25 + interest earned back to your checking or savings account.
5. Follow each step closely as failure to complete all steps will disqualify you from the contest.
Pretty easy and interesting too, no? Not many times do you have pigs racing for money (at least not from my town).
Take a look at my SmartyPig review.
Check out the SmartyPig blog for official rules and details on the contest.